#47 Sarah Hawilo. Co Founder & CEO of serVme. Lebanon. 'Take Action; Don't think too long because competition is on the rise'
The Learning Curve Podcast - THE Podcast for Women Entrepreneurs in the Middle East and North Africa Region: Nicholla had the opportunity to talk with Sarah Hawilo, the co-founder and CEO of serVme, an advanced data analytics software that helps restaurants and bars collect, store, and track data about diners to improve their dining experience. The software enhances and simplifies the venue’s operations, lowers the marketing budget through client segmentation, and ultimately increases their revenues.
Inside This Episode
Sarah and her partner Karl Atiyeh, launched serVme end of 2014 and have since then grown their team to 10 employees consisting of sales, marketing, and developers based in Lebanon. Sarah is in charge of all marketing activities including promoting restaurant clients and serVme diner application, as well as forming strategic relations and partnerships. Prior to serVme’s launch, Sarah was working at Strategy& (formerly Booz & Company) the management consulting firm as the Senior Research Consultant for Business Technology for the Middle East. She holds a Business Administration degree from the Lebanese American University. Although, she never intended on becoming on entrepreneur, she found herself at the right place at the right time to build a product that would ultimately be a game changer in the Food & Beverage industry.
'Thank you Sarah for your time to share your revolutionary new software analytics's software which is not only the dining experience for diners but also helping businesses become more informed and build a better understanding of their clients. Its been an honour to share your story from very early on in your start up career - keep up the great work.' Nicholla x
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself and your entrepreneurial journey. How your particular journey into starting your own venture came about?
2. Tell us a little bit about your business(es) and your vision for your business
3. Can you give us an insight into day to day business activities? How do you organise your day and how do you prioritize?
4. How Did you get your credibility quickly?
5. How important has collaboration and partnerships been with the success of your businesses? Do you think you can had the same success without them?
6. Other than deciding to work for yourself, what was the single most important decision you made that contributed to your success?
4. Is social media a large part of your business and what tools are working for you right now?
5. Do you believe there is some sort of pattern or formula to becoming a successful entrepreneur?
6. What would you say are the top three skills needed to be a successful entrepreneur?
7. What is the best piece of business advise you have ever been given? And how is that working for you right now?
8. How (if ever) did you rise above failure or struggle? What action did you take?
9. Where do you see yourself and your businesses in the next 10 years? How will they have evolved?
10. Who is your ‘go to person, book or quote’ that gets you pumped and helps you refocus when you are feeling de-motivated or low?
11. What books or resources would you encourage other women to explore to help them learn more about entrepreneurship and strategy?
12. If you could time travel back to day one of your startup and have 15min with your former self to communicate any lessons you've acquired with the intention of saving yourself mistakes and heart ache, what would you tell yourself?
13. Closing question: What advise would you give to those ladies out there that are on the edge of taking the plunge into being an entrepreneur?
Connect with Sarah
emails firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Social Media Connections:
Sarah is also a Cartier Women's Initiative Award Finalist for 2015. Winner will be announced in October. This is her video.
Do you have a question? Let us know your comments and feedback. We would love to hear from you?
Subscribe To Our Podcast
Subscribe to our Newsletter