#011 - ELAINE LINDSAY - AKA 'bionic pollyanna' & her entrepreneurial journey
We Speak Elaine Lindsay who is International Speaker, Trainer, Social Media & Search Consultant and a Google+ Evangelist. Elaine speaks about social & search integration. Elaine believes a solid online foundation is key to building great social proof and getting found faster in search. Elaine specializes in Google+ and all its features which are the cornerstones of your optimization online.
She is an early adopter and a featured authority in two #1 Best Sellers 2014’s “Social Media Myths: Busted” and “Solving the Social Media Puzzle” 2012 Contributing author to Online Footprint Magazine. Business Banter Plus TV Host. A featured social media expert on CTV Mornings Ottawa, the Ambitious Entrepreneur, SocialHR Camp: Boston & Toronto, Dean of Digital Media for Social Buzz Club University and VP WBC Orleans.
Fun fact: She attended the first ever Google+ #NYC HIRL (Hangout in Real Life).
Elaine blogs, speaks, teaches, and leads with integrity, heart and soul. Elaine aspires to learn.
In this You Tube Elaine Lindsay shares her inspiring story at the W3 Ottawa 2013 event. She says 'I have a titanium humerus in my right arm; a spiffy titanium and metal half-joint in my left leg, a re-built rotator cuff on the left, a variety of screws and a 4 inch nail. You’d think that would give me super-strength or the ability to open jars. When ICU and motorized beds became more familiar than my sofa I had a choice: bemoan the loss of a large portion of my left leg, be crushed and broken like my legs and innards after the car accidents and botched surgery or face life head-on and on purpose. I chose joy.
elain lindsay shares her entrepreneurial journey
Inside this Episode
- Tell us a little bit about yourself and your entrepreneurial journey. How your particular journey into social media management become your passion?
- What was the key moment you realised you had to take the plunge to become a social media consultant and speak
- What do you think STOPS women today from taking this entrepreneurial journey themselves?
- Can you give us an insight into day to day business activities? How do you organise your day and how do you prioritize?
- What is the best piece of business advise you have ever been given? And how is that working for you right now?
- How (if ever) did you rise above failure or struggle? What action did you take?
- Where do you see your online business in the next 10 years? How will they have evolved?
- Who is your ‘go to person, book or quote’ that gets you pumped and helps you refocus when you are feeling de-motatived or low?
- If everything was taken away from you and you had to start again where would you start?
- Closing question: What would you say to those ladies out there that are on the edge of taking the plunge into being an entrepreneur?
Helpful Connections in Abu Dhabi
- Check out Elaine's website to find our more about here www.troolsocial.com
- Connect with Elaine on Google plus
- Elaine's on Facebook
- Elaine's on Twitter
- Elain's got her own You Tube Channel.
- She also has two other featured channels on You Tube called:- a) Google Hangout Show 'Business Banter Plus'. She's interviewed some AWESOME business experts. b) Trool Social Media
Helpful Connections in Abu Dhabi
- Join our associated Facebook group Partner 'Abu Dhabi - where Can I Find to help you find what you are looking for in Abu Dhabi.
- Check out our list of Facebook Group we've created for Abu Dhabi. If you have a community based page group then please let us know.
- Like our Facebook Fan page and help share out this podcast to help more of the community be more informed.
- If you are on Twitter, you can connect with Nicholla at her Twitter profile, @NickH2
More awesome ladies coming up soon!
Please let us know your thoughts, questions and comments.