#63 - Persevere, because one day its great & Amazing; the next day you are thinking, 'what am i doing?, ' says Antoinette Chorlton, Fashion & Style Entrepreneur. (Abu Dhabi, UAE)
The Learning Curve Podcast - THE Podcast for Women Entrepreneurs in the Middle East.
How many of you out there feel disconnected with the styles and fashions that you see on the run way? How many of you look at it and think, 'I could never wear that!'. Well my next guest, Antoinette Chorlton wants you to see how runway wear can be 'real wear'. She wants to help women reconnect with their love of fashion and style.
From a young age her dad indulged everything 'fashion'. She shopped with him, got creative and really connected with her style and what would become, 'Antoinette'. But as her working age got closer her dad wanted her to have a proper career and not go down the fashion route.
But Antoinette is a savvy, hard working and positive person, skills her father engrained in her. She did follow her dad's advise but her love of fashion remained. Today she is an international fashion stylist and the is the founder of 'Glamour on the Go', a style agency focused on fashion events and style presentations. She is also the co-founder of Moda Africa - an international fashion agency introducing and representing African Fashion Designers globally. And the founder of her newest endeavour - Shop My Closet. A fashion event for high end & designer pre-loved clothes.
A mum, wife, daughter, & thriving business owner, she is a making 'Glamour' easier to connect with and helping women find their own 'fashionista'. In this very open and sometimes 'laugh out loud' comical conversation, Antoinette shares her journey with us from her childhood to how she envisions 'Shop My Closet' being a household name in the Middle East.
'I love helping women feel like the best version of themselves' says Antoinette
The Audio Interview
The Interview Questions
1. Tell us a little bit about yourselves? How your particular journeys into entrepreneurship came about?
2. Tell us a little bit about your businesses
3. What are the BIG pain factors that you are solving with your business?
4. What is your vision for your business?
5. How was the transition from Career to entrepreneur for you?
6. Can you give us an insight into day to day business activities? How do you organise your day and how do you prioritize? What systems do you have in place?
8. How Did you get your credibility quickly?
9. How important has collaboration and partnerships been with the success of your work? Do you think you can had the same success without them?
10. What was the single most important decision you made that contributed to your success?
11. Is social media a large part of your business and what tools are working for you right now?
12. What is the best piece of business advise you have ever been given? And how is that working for you right now?
13. How (if ever) did you rise above failure or struggle? What action did you take?
14. Where do you see yourself in the next 10 years? How do you think your business would have evolved?
15. How do you think being an entrepreneur has affected your family life and your relationships with your friends?
16.Who is your ‘go to person, book or quote’ that gets you pumped and helps you refocus when you are feeling de-motivated or low?
17. What books or resources would you encourage other women to explore to help them learn more about entrepreneurship and strategy?
18. If you could time travel back to your younger self, say 18 years old and have 15min with your former self to communicate any lessons you've acquired with the intention of saving yourself mistakes and heart ache, what would you tell yourself?
19. Closing question: Where do you think you are on your own learning curve of learning about your business as well as personally.
I'm a wife, a mommy, a daughter and a friend...For as long as can I remember I’ve had a love affair with fashion…from an early age shopping with my dad, my 10 year international flying career with a world renowned airline, obtaining my Fashion Styling Diploma, starting Glamour on the Go Style Agency, writing my weekly fashion blog and living in the Middle East for the past 15 years.
I am passionate about fashion, inspired by fashion, but mostly excited about fashion...fashion always makes my heart beat faster!
I consider Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, Marie Claire and Elle magazine my closest confidants...Carrie Bradshaw once famously said - When I first moved to New York I bought Vogue instead of dinner. I just felt it fed me more...
'Every day is a fashion show and the world is your runway' - Coco Chanel
Connect With Antoinette
Website - http://glamour-on-the-go.weebly.com
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/StyleFashionGlamour/
Shop My Closet - https://www.facebook.com/shop.my.closet.gotg/
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/glamour.on.the.go/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/GlamourontheGo1
Polyvore - http://glamouronthego.polyvore.com
Do you have a question? Let us know your comments and feedback. We would love to hear from you?
Subscribe To Our Podcast
Subscribe to our Newsletter