#60 - Our Goal is to be the global destination for online education' - says Thea Myhrvold, Founder of Teach Me Now.
The Learning Curve Podcast - THE Podcast for Women Entrepreneurs in the Middle East and North Africa Region
How would you like to have access to teachers and private tutors for yourself and your family? Give you children the best opportunities to achieve their educational success? We all want this. But what if you were not near the private tutors or had location barrier issues? My next guest Thea, CEO and Founder of Teach Me has a solution. Bringing together two of her great passions, education and technology, Thea Myhrvold grand vision is to be the global destination for online education. Think of it as the Ebay or Trip Advisor for Private tutoring.
Along with her team, Thea has created a virtual platform where you can connect to private tutors around the world and help yourself or your children get the education you want. To her education is the grounding every person should have in life and it should be accessible to everyone. In this virtual space teachers and students work one-on-one, in real time using interactive tools so the student achieve their objectives. Its an awesome idea and I think one that is going to go from strength to strength.
At 25, this is Thea third Venture and I don't believe it will stop there. She is blazing a new trail here in the Middle East and making it easier for everyone to achieve their educational objectives and empowering themselves with the tools they need to help them power through their lives. This was an awesome interview where we learned more about her venture, her ambitions, how she's helping people who need more learning support and what she has learnt along her learning curve journey to bring this amazing technology to the Middle East.
A global marketplace for one to one learning in real time
SPECIAL OFFER FROM TEACH ME NOW
Email them directly to get a free consultation and free intro with the tutor of their choice.
The Audio Interview
The Interview Questions
1. Tell us a little bit about yourselves? How your particular journeys into entrepreneurship came about?
2. Tell us a little bit about your business
3. What are the BIG pain factors that you are solving with your business?
4. How do people FIND you?
7. How do you distinguish yourself from your competitors?
8. What is your vision for your business?
9. How was the transition from Career to entrepreneur for you?
10. Can you give us an insight into day to day business activities? How do you organise your day and how do you prioritize? What systems do you have in place?
11. How Did you get your credibility quickly?
12. How important has collaboration and partnerships been with the success of your work? Do you think you can had the same success without them?
13. What was the single most important decision you made that contributed to your success?
14. Is social media a large part of your business and what tools are working for you right now?
15. What would you say are the top three skills needed to be a successful Entrepreneur?
16. What is the best piece of business advise you have ever been given? And how is that working for you right now?
17. How (if ever) did you rise above failure or struggle? What action did you take?
18. Where do you see yourself in the next 10 years? How do you think your business would have evolved?
19. How do you think being an entrepreneur has affected your family life and your relationships with your friends?
20.Who is your ‘go to person, book or quote’ that gets you pumped and helps you refocus when you are feeling de-motivated or low?
21. What books or resources would you encourage other women to explore to help them learn more about entrepreneurship and strategy?
22. If you could time travel back to your younger self, say 18 years old and have 15min with your former self to communicate any lessons you've acquired with the intention of saving yourself mistakes and heart ache, what would you tell yourself?
23. Closing question: Where do you think you are on your own learning curve of learning about your business as well as personally.
Thea Myvrhold's Bio
Thea Myhrvold has founded several ventures in education and technology, her latest being www.TeachMeNow.com – a global marketplace for one to one learning in real time. Connecting thousands of tutors, teachers, experts and mentors from institutes such as MIT, LSE, Yale teaching students around the world throught their online virtual classrooms. TeachMeNow also offers the online learning platform as a customisable software for institutes and schools.
Thea's Book Recommendation.
Teach Me Now - In the News
Connect with Teach Me Now & Thea
Connect Teach Me Now
Do you have a question? Let us know your comments and feedback. We would love to hear from you?
Subscribe To Our Podcast
Subscribe to our Newsletter