#57 - 'I surround myself with positive people, not mood hoovers' says Maria Inglis - ladyPreneur & Partner of Advantage sports UAE
The Learning Curve Podcast - THE Podcast for Women Entrepreneurs in the Middle East and North Africa Region:
Maria Inglis is a Ladypreneur & Co Partner of Advantage Sports UAE is a lady on a mission. She's always been driven by her entrepreneurial spirit which was engrained in her through her family business. Her early career saw her climb the ladder in recruitment and build a business acumen skill set. This year though has been her steepest learning curve. In January she was diagnosed with a form of Leukaemia which could have mentally beaten her but her in built desire to overcome her obstacles and find a way over them has seen her turn her health around and rapidly build a competitive business in Sports & Fitness here in the UAE. In this interview we learn more about how Maria and her husband have taken their business in the last 18 months, what's her secrets to keeping on top of work load and how Leukaemia has made her more determined to see their business grow. You will be pleased to know that she is in remission.
The Audio Interview
The Interview Questions
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself How your particular journey into entrepreneurship and how your particular journey came about?
2. Tell us a little bit about your business and the vision you have for your business?
3. Can you give us an insight into day to day business activities? How do you organise your day and how do you prioritize?
4. How Did you get your credibility quickly?
5. How important has collaboration and partnerships been with the success of your work? Do you think you can had the same success without them?
6. What was the single most important decision you made that contributed to your success?
4. Is social media a large part of your business and what tools are working for you right now?
6. What would you say are the top three skills needed to be a successful Entrepreneur?
7. What is the best piece of business advise you have ever been given? And how is that working for you right now?
8. How (if ever) did you rise above failure or struggle? What action did you take?
9. Where do you see yourself in the next 10 years? How do you think your business would have evolved?
10. Who is your ‘go to person, book or quote’ that gets you pumped and helps you refocus when you are feeling de-motivated or low?
11. What books or resources would you encourage other women to explore to help them learn more about entrepreneurship and strategy?
12. If you could time travel back to your younger self, say 18 years old and have 15min with your former self to communicate any lessons you've acquired with the intention of saving yourself mistakes and heart ache, what would you tell yourself?
13. Closing question: What advise would you give to those ladies out there that are on the edge of taking the plunge into being an entrepreneur?
Connect with Maria Inglis
Connect Socially with Advantage Sports
Do you have a question? Let us know your comments and feedback. We would love to hear from you?
Subscribe To Our Podcast
Subscribe to our Newsletter