#54 Women's Heritage Walk 2016. Honouring the Emirati Women that Help Build the UAE. Our Interview with The Founder of this Walk - Jody Ballard
The Learning Curve Podcast - THE Podcast for Women Entrepreneurs in the Middle East and North Africa Region:
It was so nice to catch up with Jody again. I just love her energy. She's just one of those people that makes you feel like you can do anything.
We met again to talk about the 2nd Women's Heritage Walk 2016 and find out more from her why she wanted to do it all again and tell us more about this amazing adventure she founded.
Inside this episode
Nicholla met with Jody Ballard is the Founder and driver behind the second Women's Heritage Walk 2016. She's on a mission to help us rediscover the heritage of the Emirati women and connect with the culture as well as finding our own inner brilliance. She says, 'culture is assimilated' and its true. We all become part of a bigger community when we connect and understand each other more. We are more emphathetic to people and their issues.
The walk that starts from Al Ain and ends in Abu Dhabi honours the Emirati Women, who not too long ago made this bi-annual trek. Back in March 44 Expat & Emirati Women made this historical journey and walked in the shoes of their Emirati ancestors to celebrate a past and help shape a vibrant future.
Taking place in March 2016, Jody shares with us the story behind the event and the importance of the woman connection. She takes us back to the first heritage walk sharing with us the conversations of the ladies who took part, how they were feeling, what the dynamic was like, what preparation took place and their scariest moments. Press play to listen to this interview.
1. Why do you want to do this event all over again?
2. So how many ladies took part in the last walk?
3. Let's go back to the beginning what is the women's heritage walk 2015 and what is its significance?
4. How long is the walk and how many days?
5. Is this a mental or a physical challenge?
6. What happened in the first 3 days of the 2015 walk that made the ladies feel they could finish this?
7. How were you feeling after the walk? This was your idea your vision?
8. What was the dynamic for the group at the beginning of the Women's Heritage Walk 2015?
9. What were the conversations on the first night at the camp?
10. What was the dynamic for the group at the end of the Women's Heritage Walk 2015?
11. Scariest Moment?
12. What would you say to other women out there that are on edge of committing to go but are still unsure?
Connect with Jody and The Heritage Walk
Founder: Jody: firstname.lastname@example.org
Organisers: - Escape Events - Brenda O Regan email: email@example.com
Be Involved as a Sponsor
Do you have a question? Let us know your comments and feedback. We would love to hear from you?
Subscribe To Our Podcast
Subscribe to our Newsletter