#51 Jules Lewis - Founder of Mountain High.
'Cultivate a bias for Action'
The Learning Curve Podcast - THE Podcast for Women Entrepreneurs in the Middle East and North Africa Region: Nicholla had the opportunity to talk with Jules Lewis. Founder of Mountain High. On reaching the summit of a mountain on her 40th Birthday, Jules Lewis had a defining moment of clarity; to shape the experiences she had gained in health, personal leadership and self empowerment she had been immersed in for the previous twenty years into a Company where she could inspire, educate and coach people to reach new heights professionally a climb and in the following ten years, has evolved into the most credible company in the UAE dedicated to delivering Group Coaching, Speaking, Retreats and Expeditions. These portfolio of services are designed to complement one other, and are customized to the Company or individuals’ strategy and focus. Jules has led over 50 expeditions in over 20 countries around the globe to include Polar Expeditions to the Arctic and Antarctica training multi-national and diverse teams of men and women to embark on life changing challenges incorporating her signature ‘Power of Three’ philosophy.
Inside This Episode
Jules shares her eureeca moment, her journey in the region which started in Kuwait just before the Iraq invaded Kuwait. She shares her ambition to encourage more women to step out of their comfort zone and travel, challenge themselves and seek opportunity. She shares the importance of putting yourself first, focus on what you do best and don't try to please everyone. Partnerships and Collaboration have been a huge part of the development of her business and encourages more entrepreneurs to seek them out to help build your business. Jules shares an amazing story of determination, passion and a zest for life. I can totally see why she is an active member of speaking engagements, coaching and a upcoming writer.
'Thank you Jules for being on of my guests. You are such an inspirations woman of the region and its a pleasure to be in your company. xxx
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself and your entrepreneurial journey. How your particular journey into starting your own venture came about?
2. Tell us a little bit about your business(es) and your vision for your business
3. Can you give us an insight into day to day business activities? How do you organise your day and how do you prioritize?
4. How Did you get your credibility quickly?
5. How important has collaboration and partnerships been with the success of your businesses? Do you think you can had the same success without them?
6. Other than deciding to work for yourself, what was the single most important decision you made that contributed to your success?
4. Is social media a large part of your business and what tools are working for you right now?
5. Do you believe there is some sort of pattern or formula to becoming a successful entrepreneur?
6. What would you say are the top three skills needed to be a successful entrepreneur?
7. What is the best piece of business advise you have ever been given? And how is that working for you right now?
8. How (if ever) did you rise above failure or struggle? What action did you take?
9. Where do you see yourself and your businesses in the next 10 years? How will they have evolved?
10. Who is your ‘go to person, book or quote’ that gets you pumped and helps you refocus when you are feeling de-motivated or low?
11. What books or resources would you encourage other women to explore to help them learn more about entrepreneurship and strategy?
12. If you could time travel back to day one of your startup and have 15min with your former self to communicate any lessons you've acquired with the intention of saving yourself mistakes and heart ache, what would you tell yourself?
13. Closing question: What advise would you give to those ladies out there that are on the edge of taking the plunge into being an entrepreneur?
Connect with Jules
Mobile; 00971 50 659 6636
Her Websites: Mountain High & Jules Lewis
Her Extra Suggestions
Daily Mentoring with Darren Daily
Do you have a question? Let us know your comments and feedback. We would love to hear from you?
Subscribe To Our Podcast
Subscribe to our Newsletter