#49 - Natavan Askerova - Founder & Business Development Director for Acorn Executive Services - 'You Feel Like You Are Cooked Already'
The Learning Curve Podcast - THE Podcast for Women Entrepreneurs in the Middle East and North Africa Region: Nicholla had the opportunity to talk with Natavan Askerova. Founder & Business Development Director of Acorn Executive Services. They specialise in providing expat services to new expats arriving in the UAE. From pre-move assistance, too school assistance, to car rental services and assistance with administration and visa's. Nata is your personal assistant on the ground. She helps you weave your way through the initial confusion of getting settled and creates clarity and a order to your day so you can get on with the reason why you are in the UAE, ie. your job.
Inside This Episode
Nata started her company 10 months ago and has gone from strength to strength. She is naturally with building relationships and loves supporting her clients navigate there first few months in the UAE. She always lived her life by a 'life plan' and her marker for starting her own business was always around the age of 35. She's now well on her way to achieving her life plan goals. Using her marketing and management background is is building an organisation that supports all expats. Her credibility has been built on the foundation of happy clients and this is how she wants her business to grow. Nata has a great BIG vision to see Acorn Executive services BE the one-stop shop for all expat services. She sees a call centre where clients can call and get answers and information to help them on their way.
'Thank you Nata for your time and conversation. I just loved the line ' you feel you are already cooked' - brilliant line. xx
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself and your entrepreneurial journey. How your particular journey into starting your own venture came about?
2. Tell us a little bit about your business(es) and your vision for your business
3. Can you give us an insight into day to day business activities? How do you organise your day and how do you prioritize?
4. How Did you get your credibility quickly?
5. How important has collaboration and partnerships been with the success of your businesses? Do you think you can had the same success without them?
6. Other than deciding to work for yourself, what was the single most important decision you made that contributed to your success?
4. Is social media a large part of your business and what tools are working for you right now?
5. Do you believe there is some sort of pattern or formula to becoming a successful entrepreneur?
6. What would you say are the top three skills needed to be a successful entrepreneur?
7. What is the best piece of business advise you have ever been given? And how is that working for you right now?
8. How (if ever) did you rise above failure or struggle? What action did you take?
9. Where do you see yourself and your businesses in the next 10 years? How will they have evolved?
10. Who is your ‘go to person, book or quote’ that gets you pumped and helps you refocus when you are feeling de-motivated or low?
11. What books or resources would you encourage other women to explore to help them learn more about entrepreneurship and strategy?
12. If you could time travel back to day one of your startup and have 15min with your former self to communicate any lessons you've acquired with the intention of saving yourself mistakes and heart ache, what would you tell yourself?
13. Closing question: What advise would you give to those ladies out there that are on the edge of taking the plunge into being an entrepreneur?
Connect with Nata
Mobile; 00971 52 299 2117
Website: Acorn Executive Services
Do you have a question? Let us know your comments and feedback. We would love to hear from you?
Subscribe To Our Podcast
Subscribe to our Newsletter