#46 Always Park the Truck First, says Arancha Gayoso. Founder & Managing Partner of Milvidas
The Learning Curve Podcast - THE Podcast for Women Entrepreneurs in the Middle East and North Africa Region:
How would you like to have a women by your side helping you build your business and make it the success you have always dreamed about? How would you like to have a women next to you that helps you negotiate better, helps you interpret the feelings and thoughts of the person you are negotiating with, to know if you are heading towards a success conclusion. Well my next guest Arancha Gayoso, is exactly who you will need. Her vision is to become your most trusted negotiation advisor.
Arancha is the Founder and Managing Partner of Milvidas, An Executive Management training Firm. She is also a negotiator advisor in body language. She can analyse people's silences and omissions that help you understand what they are not really saying.
From an early age she was always fascinated by the way people communicate. Through her education and through her vast experiences she is helping people and more importantly women become better negotiators. Society and Culture have discouraged women not to be so demanding and so the art of negotiation can be a foreign activity to many.
In this very enlightened and open conversation, Arancha shares her entrepreneurial journey, her own struggles, what she has learnt along the way and some awesome 'go to resources' to help you with your own entrepreneurial journey. Check out the section near the end about culture and negotiation. how many of you have thought about that? Its an eye opener.
'Thank you Arancha for this interview. I have definitely brought the phrase 'parking the truck' into my work schedule. xxx
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself and your entrepreneurial journey. How your particular journey into starting your own venture came about?
2. Tell us a little bit about your business(es) and your vision for your business
3. Can you give us an insight into day to day business activities? How do you organise your day and how do you prioritize?
4. How Did you get your credibility quickly?
5. How important has collaboration and partnerships been with the success of your businesses? Do you think you can had the same success without them?
6. Other than deciding to work for yourself, what was the single most important decision you made that contributed to your success?
4. Is social media a large part of your business and what tools are working for you right now?
5. Do you believe there is some sort of pattern or formula to becoming a successful entrepreneur?
6. What would you say are the top three skills needed to be a successful entrepreneur?
7. What is the best piece of business advise you have ever been given? And how is that working for you right now?
8. How (if ever) did you rise above failure or struggle? What action did you take?
9. Where do you see yourself and your businesses in the next 10 years? How will they have evolved?
10. Who is your ‘go to person, book or quote’ that gets you pumped and helps you refocus when you are feeling de-motivated or low?
11. What books or resources would you encourage other women to explore to help them learn more about entrepreneurship and strategy?
12. If you could time travel back to day one of your startup and have 15min with your former self to communicate any lessons you've acquired with the intention of saving yourself mistakes and heart ache, what would you tell yourself?
13. Closing question: What advise would you give to those ladies out there that are on the edge of taking the plunge into being an entrepreneur?
Arancha's suggestion of books to explore to develop your entrepreneurship and strategy for your business.
1. The Art of the Start 2.0: The Time-Tested, Battle-Hardened Guide for Anyone Starting Anything. By Guy Kawasaki.
2. Business Model Generation: A Handbook for Visionaries, Game Changers, and Challengers . By Alexander Osterwalder.
3. Running Lean: Iterate from Plan A to a Plan That Works. By Ash Maurya
4. The Lean Startup: How Constant Innovation Creates Radically Successful Businesses. By Eric Ries
5. The Back of the Napkin (Expanded Edition): Solving Problems and Selling Ideas with Pictures. by Dan Roam(Author)
6. The Zigzag Principle: The Goal Setting Strategy that will Revolutionize Your Business and Your Life by Rich Christiansen.
7. Think and Grow Rich: The Landmark Bestseller - Now Revised and Updated for the 21st Century. By Napoleon Hill.
8. Rework. By Jason Fried.
9. The Startup Owner's Manual: The Step-By-Step Guide for Building a Great Company. By Steve Blank.
10. The Art of War for Women: Sun Tzu's Ultimate Guide to Winning Without Confrontation. By Chin – Ning Chu.
Founder and Managing Partner of MILVIDAS S.L., a sole proprietorship Consulting Firm specializing in coaching C-Suite and senior executives in premiere Spanish and International Corporations, including facilitation of major training events and C-level workshops, extended training and mentoring programs.
Arancha is an international HR consultant, and a regular trainer at several Business Schools. Prior to working as a coach and Training Consultant, her career developed internationally as Purchasing and Logistics Manager for the UNITED NATIONS in New York and UNICEF in Copenhagen, training and managing high performance teams for the Emergency and Conflict Zone area; Chief of Exports for 2 food companies; and Advisor for External Trade at the
Commercial Offices for the Spanish Embassies in Egypt and the United Kingdom. She specialised in negotiation and non verbal communication and also is an expert in synergy reinforcement in work teams in order to develop relationships in the workplace with highly effective results for organisations. Bilingual in Spanish, English and has a working knowledge of Arabic.
* Doctorate in Social Psychology - Bircham University
* Graduate in Semitic Philology (Speciality in Arabic and Islamic Studies) – Complutense University, Madrid
* MBA (Master in Business Administration) - Instituto de Empresa, Madrid
* Masters in Commercial Management and International Marketing – ESIC, Madrid
* International Masters in Executive Coaching – AECOP, Madrid
* Executive Coach, member of AECOP, ICF and CTA
* Accredited by MBTI – Institute of Leadership
* Specialist in Coaching with NLP – Institute for Human Potential
* Enneagram certified – Spanish Enneagram Association
* Certified in Coaching, Emotional Intelligence and Enneagram - Enneagram Learning International -Mario Sikora
* Certified in Advanced Coaching Tools - Robert Dilts
* Certified in Systemic Management and Organisational Constellations - Talent Manager.
* Certified in Non-verbal communication and Evaluating Veracity and Credibility - Paul Ekman International Group.
* Certified in Emotional Analysis and Lie Detection - Miguel Hernández University.
* Certified Synergologist - at ESSIN, under the Philippe Turchet method.
Connect with Arancha
Skype: arancha.gayoso Website: www.milvidas.com & www.aranchagayoso.com
SOCIAL MEDIA CONNECTION
Do you have a question? Let us know your comments and feedback. We would love to hear from you?
Subscribe To Our Podcast
Subscribe to our Newsletter